Aug 10 FAST Classic @ Venice Airport

Discuss our SCHEDULE and future events. Friendly trash talk encouraged.

Moderators: Native, Jamie

Loren Williams
Forum Admin
Drives: A Mirage
First Name: Loren
Last Name: Williams
Autox Car: A Mirage

Postby Loren » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:55 pm

Fixed. You may need to force reload the page or the image to get the new version.

The correct version uses a big gate that you'll drive through twice (once entering the loop, once exiting it) and has only one green apex cone in the loop.
Loren Williams - Loren @ Invisiblesun.org
The "Push Harder, Suck Less" philosophy explained:
Push Harder - Drive as close to the limit of your tires as possible.
Suck Less - Drive something resembling a proper racing line.
Doug Adams
FAST Elite
Drives: Rotary or Vette
First Name: Doug
Last Name: Adams
Autox Car: Rotary or Vette

Postby twistedwankel » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:15 pm

Sorry we can't make hot August events that are far away in the morning. So what's with MO (SS, AS) on street tires? Can I buy a shifter cart and run MO now on 140 lawn mower tires? I'll wear closed toed shoes and so will my guest. FTD is a piece of cake now it seems!!
Freakin' Drew
FAST Elite
Drives: Bewsted and 'squirted
First Name: Freakin'
Last Name: Drew
Autox Car: Bewsted and 'squirted

Postby AScoda » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:15 pm

FAST classing overview wrote:You’ll find no information for classing karts as we do not allow karts.
Loren wrote:Freakin' Drew and his freakin' Mustang. :no:
dan wrote:Freakin' Drew and his freakin' Miata.
Rawkkrawler wrote:Freakin’ Drew and his OTHER freakin’ Mustang!
Mike --
Experienced Autocrosser
Drives: Cobra
First Name: Mike
Last Name: --
Autox Car: Cobra

Postby Rawkkrawler » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:05 am

twistedwankel wrote:Sorry we can't make hot August events that are far away in the morning. So what's with MO (SS, AS) on street tires? Can I buy a shifter cart and run MO now on 140 lawn mower tires? I'll wear closed toed shoes and so will my guest. FTD is a piece of cake now it seems!![/

I’m starting to like Phillip’s idea in creating a separate class for the fast guys and girls to duke it out, M0 seems to be the dumping ground for those not interested in competing against the ones in their actual class. Honestly, I don’t care, most of you will continue to be faster than me so come on over. With our events extending to 2 hours one way, I’m struggling to make the points events myself. But I openly suggest staying in your actual class and fighting it out with your peers. If you’re chasing the sticker for bragging rights, I question what you’re bragging about.

Just my 2 cents.
Mike Dassatti
South Tampa
Everett Morrison AC Cobra
Daniel Dejon
FAST Elite
Drives: 2006 Lancer Evolution
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Dejon
Autox Car: 2006 Lancer Evolution

Postby CaptainSquirts » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:01 am

Rawkkrawler wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:05 am
I’m starting to like Phillip’s idea in creating a separate class for the fast guys and girls to duke it out, M0 seems to be the dumping ground for those not interested in competing against the ones in their actual class. Honestly, I don’t care, most of you will continue to be faster than me so come on over. With our events extending to 2 hours one way, I’m struggling to make the points events myself. But I openly suggest staying in your actual class and fighting it out with your peers. If you’re chasing the sticker for bragging rights, I question what you’re bragging about.

Just my 2 cents.
Well for this event at least, M0 isn't very stacked or have randoms be in there that shouldn't be. I know there are talks about some people going into M0 for next season. If not everyone and their mothers jump to M0, the competition spread would look pretty good. I'm dipping out of M0, going back to M2 where I belong.
Doug Adams
FAST Elite

Postby twistedwankel » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:20 pm

AScoda wrote:FAST classing overview wrote:You’ll find no information for classing karts as we do not allow karts.
I used to own a "K Car" but it had sheet metal and was slow. :lol:
Attachments
Shifter Cart with Roll Cage (2).jpg
Shifter Cart with Roll Cage (2).jpg (49.69 KiB) Viewed 985 times
Andrew Wong
Experienced Autocrosser
Drives: Volkswagen GTI/Acura Integra
First Name: Andrew
Last Name: Wong
Autox Car: Volkswagen GTI/Acura Integra

Postby aw614 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:00 pm

the firewall still has a miata vin, so its a miata in my book :thumbwink:
Doug Adams
FAST Elite

Postby twistedwankel » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:19 pm

aw614 wrote:the firewall still has a miata vin, so its a miata in my book :thumbwink:
And you will vote for this man too. College graduate. Max donation $20.20. Yes he's pretty nuts here in Hernando County. Only lives two blocks away.

SS = Suicide Squad in MO now. Should be an "X" class for these things that are not real cars.
Attachments
Stabins for President.jpg
(357.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Aaron Williams
Novice
Drives: Miata
First Name: Aaron
Last Name: Williams
Autox Car: Miata

Postby aaronwilliams16 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:07 am

twistedwankel wrote:
aw614 wrote:the firewall still has a miata vin, so its a miata in my book :thumbwink:
And you will vote for this man too. College graduate. Max donation $20.20. Yes he's pretty nuts here in Hernando County. Only lives two blocks away.

SS = Suicide Squad in MO now. Should be an "X" class for these things that are not real cars.
Wats not a real car abt it its a miata with a clean title and vin with a unique body kit on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Daniel Dejon
FAST Elite

Postby CaptainSquirts » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:31 am

aaronwilliams16 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:07 am
twistedwankel wrote:

Wats not a real car abt it its a miata with a clean title and vin with a unique body kit on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks legit to me. We've had some of those Caterham looking kit cars and nobody bats an eye. But when you put some good drivers behind the wheel, everybody losses their minds :headscratch: .
Andrew Smith
Autocrosser
Drives: 90 Miata
Last Name: Smith
Autox Car: 90 Miata

Postby SlowMiataDrew » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:18 am

These are the discussions that should've happened last month regarding rule changes...
Daniel Dejon
FAST Elite

Postby CaptainSquirts » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:26 pm

SlowMiataDrew wrote:These are the discussions that should've happened last month regarding rule changes...
See what happens when you get FTD :lol: .
Benji Wheaton
Drives: 17 Lexus IS 200t
First Name: Benji
Last Name: Wheaton
Autox Car: 17 Lexus IS 200t

Postby BrilloHeadBen » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:07 pm

SlowMiataDrew wrote:These are the discussions that should've happened last month regarding rule changes...
No discussion necessary. M0 is exactly where the Kart belongs. Just because a group of people in M2 and M1 cars decided to run M0 doesn't mean we need to change any rules just because they might not win a class they don't belong in.
Mike --
Experienced Autocrosser
Drives: Cobra
First Name: Mike
Last Name: --
Autox Car: Cobra

Postby Rawkkrawler » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:40 pm

BrilloHeadBen wrote:
No discussion necessary. M0 is exactly where the Kart belongs. Just because a group of people in M2 and M1 cars decided to run M0 doesn't mean we need to change any rules just because they might not win a class they don't belong in.
Two different conversations here. One regarding the kart, looks like an M0 car to me. The other is more comical, moving classes to win a sticker. I hear things like “Mark has new shocks, better move to M0”, makes me laugh. I personally look at overall time, I’m competitive with a certain handful of people. Dan is getting too fast for me, Ron and I are 50/50. And Rowen, he’s fast in almost everything. But hey, everyone can move to M0, I’m still having fun.
Mike Dassatti
South Tampa
Everett Morrison AC Cobra
Doug Adams
FAST Elite

Postby twistedwankel » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:45 pm

Sorry, the pix didn't come out until August and I wasn't at that event. You guys aren't the first. Some guy came out with a stripped RX8 once last year that he actually drove to the event as had lights. There have been others running AM and EM over the years. Used to see them at Corvette events mostly. Practicing for LeMons. One was a trailered Frankenstein pickup. I think Andrew drove that one?
Daniel Dejon
FAST Elite

Postby CaptainSquirts » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:01 pm

Rawkkrawler wrote: I hear things like “Mark has new shocks, better move to M0”, makes me laugh.
I hope he goes into M0 then :lol: . I would be as if not more worried about Philip being in M1.
Andrew Wong
Experienced Autocrosser
Drives: Volkswagen GTI/Acura Integra
Last Name: Wong
Autox Car: Volkswagen GTI/Acura Integra

Postby aw614 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:10 pm

twistedwankel wrote: Used to see them at Corvette events mostly. Practicing for LeMons. One was a trailered Frankenstein pickup. I think Andrew drove that one?
Yep driven it when it had a Nissan Vg30 and when it went L98. A friend of Kyle and I got to drive it before the body panels were put on to meet Chump (champcar's) 60% body panel rule and also when the engine and other parts were in what used to be a 300zx. Probably the only time you'll see someone swap a nissan v6 into a ford ranger :rolling:
Still a very weird experience to drive, but everything on it seems to be all of Mike Orgen's suspension theories he's researched and tested over the years that makes it work really well for sebring or daytona.
Doug Adams
FAST Elite

Postby twistedwankel » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:07 pm

BTW. At "Classic events" no one really cares who wins what. Most guys are jumping from car to car making times jump all over the place with the same number. Technically someone driving a Crown Vic could use their same number in an MO or R1 car and get FTD.
Les Davis
FAST Elite
Drives: Dark Knight
First Name: Les
Last Name: Davis
Autox Car: Dark Knight

Postby lddavis91 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:40 pm

BrilloHeadBen wrote:
I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I'm not so sure I agree. I think the argument could be legitimately made that M0 should be at least a road legal car which this "Miata kart" is not. The second sentence
FAST Modified Rules wrote:The Modified Category is intended for modified, but streetable cars on street tires.
Road legal isn't a particularly strict rule here in Florida, car likely just needs some functional lights and a windshield I believe and it would be good.
'13 Corvette GS "Dark Knight", '92 Corvette 383 "Banana Beast" , '82 "WheeeDub", '03 Expedition "Tow Beater 2.0", '18 Yamaha MT07 "500 SPG", '98 Festiva (not a Ford)
Philip / Travis Petrie
FAST Elite
Drives: 1996 Mazda Miata
First Name: Philip / Travis
Last Name: Petrie
Autox Car: 1996 Mazda Miata

Postby Carracer » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:09 pm

My original hope/dream would be to try and get all the FAST FTD regulars in one class, would be fun to go for FTD every weekend. But I can see now how that screws up classing and makes me a bit of a hypocrite since I dislike PAX classes since it dilutes the actual classes.

Return to “Upcoming Autocross”