But, it's starting to feel like a project. (Edit 10/11/2019: It's a restoration!)
Regardless, I need to keep track of things, and this is as good a place as any. (more fun than keeping a spreadsheet)
So, I bought Ben's Miata. 1999 10th Anniversary Sapphire Blue, 158k miles, 6 speed, Torsen, aftermarket steering wheel, front bar, exhaust and intake. Otherwise stock.
Update: Now it's green. Specifically, 1999 BMW Z3 "Evergreen".
To-Do List Soon:
- Recheck alignment
- Install hard top with brackets (removing latches, making it a "Miata coupe")
- Install resistor mod to get airbag light to quit blinking. (no airbag in the aftermarket steering wheel)
- Intake Manifold - clean the EGR passage.
- Fabricate a spare tire hold-down bolt that doesn't require a wrench to remove.
- Fabricate fan shroud for replacement fan and get that installed. (currently running with only the AC fan)
- Detail inside of car
- Dye blue seat inserts black
- Design a trunk floor kit to secure stuff.
- Design a custom console/armrest that's comfortable and useful.
- Engine Mounts - Mazda Comp mounts, need to be replaced.
- Timing Belt & Waterpump, Belts & Hoses - Done at 160k. 12/2019.
- Alternator - Replaced around 2016.
- Fuel Pump & Filter - Replaced around 2015.
- CAS & Coil Packs - Replaced around 2015
- Engine Oil - 10W30 Synth, Jan 2019
- Diff Oil - Mobil 1
- Trans Oil - Motorcraft $$$ (filtered and reused with 5-speed swap)
- Raceland Header
- Stock Midpipe & Cat
- Monsterflow Intake
- FM Front Swaybar
- Koni Sport shocks, new at 158,000 miles, 8/2019
- Bump Stops (cheap VW units, URO Parts 1J0512131B) trimmed to 67mm
- Personal 320mm steering wheel
- SS Brake Lines
- 5-speed NB transmission, from a 99, about same mileage as car
- SuperMiata lightweight flywheel (8 pounds) and 1.6 clutch, 159,000 miles, 9/2019