Nov 4 Classic TGT

Discuss past FAST events. How did it go?

Moderators: Native, Jamie

---------- ----------
Drives: Sedately
First Name: ----------
Last Name: ----------
Autox Car: Sedately

Nov 4 Classic TGT

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:35 pm

Native wrote:"... deliberately did not name names.
Oh, hell, I'll name names: I was the starter. I'm not taking offence...simply pointing out (like Joe) that the starter is the best person positioned to check this, and to make that easier, should stay on the driver's side of the car, so they can see the driver.
Jamie
'01 Miata, '92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing
Steve --
Forum Admin
Drives: whatever I can get my hands on
First Name: Steve
Last Name: --
Autox Car: whatever I can get my hands on

Nov 4 Classic TGT

Postby Native » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:50 pm

Good point.
Thanks!
Steven Frank
Class M3 Miata
Proud disciple of the "Push Harder, Suck Less" School of Autocross
Drives: Rotary or Vette
First Name: Doug
Last Name: Adams
Autox Car: Rotary or Vette

Nov 4 Classic TGT

Postby twistedwankel » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:10 pm

Loren wrote:For example, at the end of the day yesterday, we had car number 19 being driven by driver number 314 (who already had 7 runs), and he went out twice with the number 1 on the car. #1 is Drew's number, who also had taken all of his runs.
Dunno? :dunno: #19 took only 5 runs, let others take 6-7 additional runs, personally never drove another's car. Mostly spent lovely day with family + allowing ride alongs. If they cannot count not my problem. Classic is ONLY open to experienced drivers. Drew wears a black Moe (3 Stooges) helmet normally so they probably thought he was wearing a new doo? At least he had on full toad shoes? DOT helmets can be pretty earless. I'd get one if I didn't run other clubs and one is now up to Snell 2010 minimum. So I got a Snell 2010 SA for road racing in case I ever get a roll bar and grow a pair of balls? Asked man: "Which DOT helmet should I get for MC?" Man asks: "How much do you value your brain?" Bought an SA.
Gerry Hernandez
Experienced Autocrosser
Drives: 2016 MX-5
First Name: Gerry
Last Name: Hernandez
Autox Car: 2016 MX-5

Nov 4 Classic TGT

Postby Gerry » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:20 pm

Loren wrote:For example, at the end of the day yesterday, we had car number 19 being driven by driver number 314 (who already had 7 runs), and he went out twice with the number 1 on the car. #1 is Drew's number, who also had taken all of his runs. As it happened, I knew what was going on because I'd just wandered over from grid. But, if I hadn't been there to explain the situation to timing, they'd have been much more confused and rightfully miffed about it. In fact, I wouldn't have blamed them for red flagging that mysterious "#1" the second (or even first) time they took to the course. Timing needs to know what's going on! If you create choas in timing, they have no choice but to STOP the event while they figure out what's going on.
I’m driver 314. I neither drove nor rode in anyone else’s car. I never went out with any number other than 314. My codeiver was 134 and I made sure the numbers were correct on both sides of the car every time. He only rode with me and I only rode with him. Then we worked the course. I think you are mistaken, sir.

But I’m all in favor of punishing Freaking Drew and his Freaking Miata. :double:
Loren Williams
Forum Admin
Drives: The FASTiva
First Name: Loren
Last Name: Williams
Autox Car: The FASTiva

Nov 4 Classic TGT

Postby Loren » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:27 pm

Okay, well... Somebody who could have passed for Gerry (definitely wasn't Drew) slapped #1 on Doug's car and took 2 or 3 runs at the end of the day. Whatever... The point is, don't hijack somebody else's number, don't take extra runs, and be sure timing knows what the heck you are doing.

People are getting a bit too sloppy at Classic events lately.
Loren Williams - Loren @ Invisiblesun.org
The "Push Harder, Suck Less" philosophy explained:
Push Harder - Drive as close to the limit of your tires as possible.
Suck Less - Drive something resembling a proper racing line.
Gerry Hernandez
Experienced Autocrosser
Drives: 2016 MX-5
First Name: Gerry
Last Name: Hernandez
Autox Car: 2016 MX-5

Nov 4 Classic TGT

Postby Gerry » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:37 pm

Loren wrote:Okay, well... Somebody who could have passed for Gerry (definitely wasn't Drew) slapped #1 on Doug's car and took 2 or 3 runs at the end of the day. Whatever... The point is, don't hijack somebody else's number, don't take extra runs, and be sure timing knows what the heck you are doing.

People are getting a bit too sloppy at Classic events lately.
Whoever it was, it wasn’t me, but probably a very good looking guy if you mistook him for me. :snicker:

Return to “Past”