Autocross Video Setup

Post your questions or tips about wheels, tires, alignment, or anything related to preparing an autocross car here.

Moderators: Jamie, Native

Loren Williams
Forum Admin
Drives: The FASTiva
First Name: Loren
Last Name: Williams
Autox Car: The FASTiva

Autocross Video Setup

Postby Loren » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:00 am

Adding video to what you're already doing is easy. (actually, what you're doing is a lot more complicated)

Mount your phone to where the front camera is pointed in the appropriate direction.

After you've created your track and started your session... (which is all a process that I'm just starting to wrap my head around)

Click the camera icon on the left side of the menu bar. Now, what's weird is that if you happen to have your phone in horizontal mode, the button is NOT on the screen! But, if you're in portrait mode, it's there... and you click it... and it tells you that it can't do video in portrait mode, rotate to horizontal, dummy!

Then you're previewing what you're going to record. Push the red record button to start the video. Easy.

Now, something else that I've just wrapped my head around (and the reason I recorded 30 minutes of extra data yesterday) is the fact that when you stop the video... it DOES NOT stop your "Session". It's still recording data until you back out of that screen.

And, if you've got a video that you recorded with that session, it's automatically linked to your data. When you go to "Sessions", select that session, and click "Export". Select the default "Overlaid Video", tell it what you want to export and with what options, queue it up, and process it.

Adding an external video and synching it is a little more complicated, but still not difficult.
Loren Williams - Loren @ Invisiblesun.org
The "Push Harder, Suck Less" philosophy explained:
Push Harder - Drive as close to the limit of your tires as possible.
Suck Less - Drive something resembling a proper racing line.

Return to “Car Set Up”