As of 2015, FAST is using MotorsportsReg.com to handle event registration. It is a very powerful tool for us, and for you, once you learn your way around it. Here are a few things you should know that will help you get the most out of it.
Setting up an Account
This is the first thing you’ll need to do, and it’s very easy. You’ll need an email address, your basic contact info, and some info for an emergency contact. That’s about it.
Your User Profile
Get familiar with this! It is accessible from the “My Account” link on the menu. You don’t need to look at this often, but it would be a good idea to check it every few months to be sure your info is up-to-date. It has all of your basic non-event-specific information in it. That includes:
- Your Contact Info
- Emergency Contact Info
- Username and Password
- Club Memberships (you become a “member” of every club that you register through MSReg with)
- Your “Garage” (cars that you’ve added to the system so that you can register them without having to re-enter info every time)
- Your Event History, Available Credits, Reserved Numbers, and a lot of other details!
Your Club Info
MSReg allows us to store certain information within YOUR profile, under your clubs. Storing that info here rather than in an event means that you don’t have to re-enter that info for every event. This makes the event registration process flow much faster for you!
When you want to view or change that information, do the following:
- Log in
- Click “My Account”
- Click “Edit My Information”
- Click “Edit Clubs”
- Click “Edit” next to the FAST club
- Edit and Save!
Info stored here includes:
- Club Member Number (we don’t use this, but it’s built into the system, so it’s there)
- Driver’s License Number
- Date of Birth
- Work Assignment Preferences
- Physical Disabilities and Limitations
NOTE: If your member type is “novice” (as it will be until after you’ve competed in 6 events), you may not have access to edit all of these fields. After promotion from novice status, you will.
This is just about the coolest thing ever. It shows you:
- My Events – All of the events that you are currently registered for. With links to view the entry list, event info, and edit (or CANCEL) your entry.
- Selected Upcoming Events – All of the upcoming events for the clubs that you are a member of. (so all of the FAST events will show up right here!)
About Payments and Credits
MSReg handles a lot of things that we used to have to do manually, such as event credits and discounts.
- Payment Methods – Credit or Debit Card only. MSReg does not accept PayPal.
- Event Credits – FAST offers event credits and partial event credits for event cancelations and other reasons. MSReg handles the whole event credit process for us. So, if you have an event credit, it will appear during the checkout portion of your registration and give you the option to apply that credit to your balance due. It even handles partial credits, using multiple credits, and making change. It’s pretty cool!
Cancelling an Entry
- You can cancel your entry from the “event dashboard” for any event you are registered for. If you cancel before the close of registration, you haven’t even been billed yet. If you cancel after the close of registration, you will receive partial credit in accordance with the FAST Refund/Cancel policy.
- If you have cancelled and need to reinstate your entry, you can’t do that yourself. You’ll have to contact us to do it.
Changing or Editing an Entry
- You can edit your entry info while registration is open to change things like your vehicle or class. Remember, much of your info is stored in your Profile and Club Info. (see above)
- You can even do things like change from a driver to a guest, or a guest to a driver, or change from one session to another, or add yourself to another session. The system handles all of these things brilliantly, and will collect any balance due if your change increases your entry fee, and allow us to add event credit to your account if it reduces it.
FAST Classic Events
These are run as single-session small events normally with three run groups, and registration is very basic. Register as a driver or a guest. Simple as that.
FAST Open Events
We use a split format for these events, so they are run in two separate sessions. One before noon and one after. Most people just register as a driver or guest for one session or the other, and that’s easy enough. Just make sure you register for the correct session. There are some special circumstances that the system will handle:
- If you want to be on-site to watch or help during the session you are NOT driving: You must register as a guest for the other session. The system easily allows this.
- If you want to register as a driver for both sessions: Not a problem, just select the driver option on each session, and complete your registration. Be sure to choose your normal competition class for the morning and the “FN” class in the afternoon, and also select a different car number for each session.